Parallel-Output Audio Processor For DAB & HD Radio Now Shipping
28 January 2003, Cleveland Ohio, USA
Following the recent launch of the highly successful Omnia-6EX FM audio processor, Omnia Audio announces the introduction of Omnia-5EX HD+FM, a new parallel-output DAB / HD Radio-ready audio processor for FM broadcasters.
The dual processing structure found in the new Omnia-5EX is modeled after the award-winning Omnia-6EX. Paired parallel processing paths – one optimized for conventional broadcasting, the other for DAB and HD Radio, webcasting and satellite systems – route processed audio from the multiband mixer section to discrete output stages.
“Broadcasters fell in love with Omnia-6EX right away; not only because Omnia blows the doors off every other processor, but because it won’t become obsolete when they transition to digital broadcasting,” explains Omnia President Frank Foti. “So we’ve included this capability in our new Omnia-5EX family of processors as well. Stations that choose Omnia-5EX get an immediate audio upgrade plus the security of knowing their processing is future-proof.”
Broadcasters upgrading to Omnia-5EX HD+FM gain legendary Omnia punch and sonic clarity, thanks to two bands of Automatic Gain Control plus wideband AGC and a five-band limiter. The FM section receives distortion-controlled final limiting with pre-emphasis, and an upper-frequency response of 15 kHz; The DAB / HD Radio section features Omnia’s exclusive program-adaptive Look-Ahead limiter and userselectable frequency response up to 20 kHz. Omnia-5EX HD+FM also includes user-selectable settings that afford European users full compatibility with the ITU’s BS-412 power specification. Omnia Space-EFX stereo enhancement is available as an option.
Omnia-5EX HD+FM users enjoy a host of refined features, including:
- Powerful new processing algorithms that provide crystal-clear processing for solo voices and instruments. Legendary Omnia loudness can now be advanced to even greater competitive heights – with even less distortion.
- Omnia’s renowned Bass Management controls, with two new Bass Limiter functions, “Tight” and “Girth”, which give users fine control over low frequency processing.
- Dynamic Bass Limiter algorithms that change waveform characteristics based upon frequency, resulting in deeper bass on smaller speakers, and fuller, richer, and cleaner low-end sound overall while audible IMD on stringed instruments and vocals is reduced.
- A wide range of factory presets specially tuned to take advantage of the powerful processing capabilities found in Omnia-5EX processors. A variety of format-specific presets help users get up and running quickly.
- Linux-based front panel software that provides smooth real-time metering of audio processes. Encrypted password protection for processing presets increases security and prevents tampering.
- Network Time Protocol function that allows Omnia time to be synchronized to a high-accuracy Internet or local external time servers using a network connection.
- Three-way remote control via built-in Ethernet and serial ports or optional PCMCIA modem card.
Leading radio stations around the world prefer Omnia audio processors. Recent surveys find Omnia in use on more than half of the 100 highest-rated FM stations in the US – more than all other brands combined. Internationally, Virgin Radio, NRJ, The BBC, Sony, Deutsche Telekom, Bayerischer Rundfunk, WDR, RTL, Skyrock, NRK, YLE and many other leading broadcasters rely upon Omnia.
Omnia-5EX models for FM and AM broadcasters are shipping now. For more details, call Omnia Audio at +1-216-241-7225, or visitwww.omniaaudio.com.
Omnia-5EX HD+FM — from Omnia Audio
(You can download a print-quality version of this photo at ftp://ftp.telos.cc/omnia/pix/O5EX-FM_beauty.tif)
Omnia, a Telos company, is world-renowned for its digital audio signal processing expertise. Omnia audio processors for FM, AM, TV, HD Radio & DAB, Internet, and audio production are setting new standards for professional audio quality.