New audio processor is perfect for HD Multicast, DAB, Satcasting
05 April 2007, Cleveland Ohio, USA
Digital broadcasting has tremendous potential — the potential to sound really awful if the coding process sucks all the life out of your sound. Meet Omnia ONE for Coded Audio: the ONE box that pre-conditions your audio to minimize the audible effects of bit-reduction.
A fresh new design based on the latest, most powerful platform ever, Omnia ONE uses SENSUS™ technology (developed in collaboration with the coding experts at Telos) to monitor content and dynamically optimize processing for the target encoder, resulting in fewer coding artifacts for smooth, clean multicasts.
HD Radio isn't the only bit-reduced stream that can benefit from Omnia ONE. Satellite broadcasters, producers of webcasts or podcasts, those prepping audio for broadcasting to cellular phones — anyone producing audio for coded channels can benefit from the audience-grabbing sound that's made Omnia the first choice of broadcasters everywhere.
“Broadcasters require a lot of flexibility in an audio processor, because transmission systems exist in so many different forms,” says Omnia founder and president Frank Foti. “And Omnia ONE is very flexible. Special firmware allows it to meet the challenges of FM, AM, HD Radio™, DAB, DRM, multicasting, satcasting, podcasting, and any other form of ‘casting’ you can think of!”
The benefits of Omnia ONE include:
- A wideband gain rider plus four-band AGC allows fine adjustments to create “signature sound.”
- Look-ahead final limiting, optimized for the HD codec with feedback limiters for the lower two bands and feed-forward for the upper two bands.
- SENSUS codec conditioning technology enhances clarity and musicality even at low bit rates.
- Time-aligned, dynamically flat, perfect-reconstruction crossovers.
- Selectable phase rotation for vocal warmth and presence.
- Full-featured I/O section includes Analog and AES/EBU connections, plus Livewire™ interface for direct integration with Axia IP-Audio networks.
- Silence-sense can automatically switch to backup input on loss of audio.
- Flexible remote control via Ethernet, RS-232, or GPIO connections.
Visitors to NAB 2007 can see and hear Omnia ONE in the Telos / Omnia / Axia display in Booth N7726. Omnia ONE for Coded Audio is shipping now with an MSRP of $2,995.00 USD. For more information, contact Angi Roberson via email at angi@OmniaAudio.com, via phone at +1-216-241-7225, and visit OmniaAudio.com.
This press-ready photo of Omnia ONE can be downloaded from ftp://ftp.telos.cc/pub/omnia/pix/OmniaOneAngled_CMYK.tif.
Omnia, a Telos company, is world-renowned for its digital audio signal processing expertise. Omnia audio processors for FM, AM, TV, HD Radio & DAB, Internet, and audio production are setting new standards for professional audio quality.