Version 4.0 simplifies audio/logic routing with intuitive GUI
23 March 2007, Cleveland, OH USA
PathfinderPC, the routing control software for Axia IP-Audio networks, is getting an upgrade. Version 4.0 of the popular software suite is full of cool new features and will available free to registered users of earlier PathfinderPC versions.
“Our clients tell us that PathfinderPC is nearly indispensable in daily operations,” says Clark Novak, Marketing Team Leader for Axia. Using PathfinderPC, you can construct custom audio routing applications for Axia IP-Audio Networks that can be used to switch routes manually, automatically at specified times, or in response to pre-programmed events.
PathfinderPC is helpful, intuitive software with an easy-to-use graphical interface. Upon installation, PathfinderPC automatically scans your network and gathers information about audio sources and destinations. Then, just point and click to send audio from one place to another, creating “route points” that can be locked or unlocked to prevent inadvertent changes. And you can quickly create and recall Snapshots to change multiple routes with a single mouse click.
New features included in PathfinderPC Version 4.0 include:
- Increased speed and scalability.
- An enhanced, graphical “Stacking Events” editor that eliminates tedious script writing. Create sophisticated routing “scenes” with Boolean logic that automatically watch for and react to specified events.
- Full control of Axia Element consoles’ VMIX (Virtual Mixer) functionality.
- Prophet Systems delivery system integration with ACU Translator.
- New, informative routing pop-up displays that include complete host and Axia channel number information.
- Expanded support for constructing PathfinderPC “clusters” for automatic backup. New bridge applications help serial port controllers work with redundant servers.
- Detailed, fully customizable system event logging.
- Panel Designer GUI with full hardware mapping support — create custom virtual “button panels” that can be run from computer or mapped to Axia accessory control panels.
- Picture graphics support: create and upload custom graphics for use with Axia LCD control panels.
- Support for routing and translating of serial, TCP and UDP ports.
PathfinderPC also lets users combine audio and machine logic into a single “virtual router” to route bi-directional audio and GPIO together. Audio metering, combined with silence sense, lets you set up “watchdogs” for audio sources, automatically switching to a backup source (and sending an alert e-mail) if audio is not present.
PathfinderPC v4.0 will be demonstrated at NAB 2007 in the Axia booth, #N7726, and will be available to clients during the 3rd Quarter of 2007.
Axia, a Telos company, builds Ethernet-based professional IP-Audio products for broadcast, production, sound-reinforcement and commercial audio applications. Products include digital audio routers, on-air control surfaces, DSP mixers and processors and software for configuring, managing, and interfacing networked audio systems.