19 December 2001, Cleveland, OH USA
Omnia Audio has announced the availability of Version 6.01 software for Omnia-6fm Digital Audio Processors, shipping now to registered users.
“Team Omnia has added several functions we think users will find valuable,” says Jeff Keith, Omnia-6 Senior Project Manager. “Enhancements to the Bass Management system, Remote Control and Daypart Scheduling functions make it even easier to create and maintain your station’s signature sound.”
Software updates are delivered to Omnia owners via PCMCIA cards, a feature found exclusively in Omnia audio processors. “Our users have told us that one of the significant benefits of owning Omnia is the ability to upgrade software without sending their processor back to the factory,” noted Keith.
Enhanced functions include:
- Phase Rotator network enhancements with improved symmetry on asymmetrical waveforms for smoother sound.
- PHAT Bass parameter tuned for broader effect.
- Wideband AGC includes smoother "attack" functions to allow slower settings while preserving system headroom.
- Full support of Ethernet control connections.
- Editable security settings for greater control of user access.
- A new Stealth Mode that lets users turn off the bargraph meters in the processing section and hide the selected preset from view when the unit is locked.
- Improved Daypart Menu functions.
- Time display shows time to the second, allowing extremely granular control of system events and daypart settings.
- Upgraded remote control client allows access to a wider range of system settings via remote.
To receive the Omnia-6 v6.01 software update, users can register on the Omnia by calling call Omnia directly at +1 216-241-3343.
Telos Systems, with headquarters located in Cleveland, Ohio, and offices in Baltimore, Maryland; San Diego, California; and Freising, Germany is a leading manufacturer of ISDN, digital network and telephone interface products for talk-show programming, call-in radio segments, teleconferencing, audio production, remote broadcasts, and intercom applications.
Omnia, a Telos company, is world-renowned for its innovative digital audio signal processing expertise. Its family of digital audio processors for FM, AM, TV, DAB, Internet, and broadcast audio production are setting new standards for audio quality in the broadcast and Internet industries worldwide.
To find out more about Telos Systems, call +1 (216) 241-7225 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.