Telos to Show VX Talkshow System at IBC
The World’s First Multi-Studio VoIP Phone System for Broadcast
30 August 2010, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Telos Systems, the industry leader in radio broadcast telephony, will present the world’s first multi-studio VoIP Talkshow System for broadcasters at IBC in Amsterdam.
Telos VX system is based on VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) technology. Phone lines are shared throughout the broadcast plant, and system components are easily connected, via Ethernet cable. VX uses standard SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) and RTP (Real-time Transport Protocol) protocols, so it works with VoIP-based PBX or SIP-trunking Telco service to direct up to 80 lines of phone traffic.
VX is scalable to provide advanced phone interface capabilities to a just a few studios, or dozens. A variety of control options allow talent, producers and board ops to choose multiple phone, console and software interfaces: The new VSet12 phone controller offers a familiar phone-set design and big, bright, color-LCD display to talent and producers, while VX Producer call-screening software, with a built-in soft-phone, turns any PC into a phone station. And direct integration with Axia IP-Audio consoles lets talent make and take calls directly from the board. Each Vx Engine supports up to 100 control devices, in any combination.
"Integrating VoIP into the mixing console allows both to work together seamlessly, which means better interaction with callers and expanded program-production capabilities," explains Steve Church, CEO of Telos Systems. "Now a single VoIP console module can replace several digital phone hybrids and simplify call screening. VX is designed to bring broadcast content closer to the style of social media and ‘Web 2.0’ applications that provide rich interaction between talent and audience."
The VX system includes:
- Vx Engine - Call control and audio processing engine
- Easy web-based configuration via standard Internet browser
- Works directly with VoIP-based PBX or SIP-trunking Telco service
- Also connects to traditional phone lines via Telco gateway, including T1/E1, ISDN, and POTS
- Capacity of up to 80 incoming phone lines
- Adaptive Digital Hybrids with Advanced Echo Cancellation
- Supports up to 20 studios and 100 control devices per Engine
- Fan-free, silent operation
- Rack-space friendly 2RU chassis
VSet12 - 12 line IP based call controller
- Attractive, friendly full-color LCD display screen
- Telos Status Symbols show detailed line status, caller information and fader assignments at a glance
- Gives talent unprecedented phone system control
VX Producer - Windows based software for call screening, recording and editing
- Informs talk show producers in an intuitive, easy-to-read format
- Shows caller status, screener comments, Caller ID, time per call
- Fader Assign feature maps call to up to eight console fader locations
- Make and take calls directly from the VX Producer PC
- Built-in audio editing application
In addition to VX, Telos will also bring two new products to IBC in Amsterdam:
- Telos Z/IP ONE is the world’s most advanced 1RU IP Codec. The smallest member of the Zephyr family is designed to maximize audio quality from public IP networks and mobile phone data services, including connections behind NATs and firewalls.
- Telos Hx1 and Hx2, are designed to tame and sweeten today’s most chaotic calls – even from mobile phones. Telos most advanced hybrid algorithms, added DSP power and several other new features essentially make the Hx1 and Hx2 a new breed of hybrid.
- Telos Nx6, the 6-line version of the Nx12, gives smaller studios a competitive edge with their telephone interface system. Inside are four advanced digital hybrids, each with AGC, noise gate, and caller override dynamics using carefully tuned DSP algorithms.
- Telos iQ6 is the Telco Gateway designed for Axia’s new iQ console. Its six lines via one Cat 5 cable eliminates the cost of discreet I/O, cabling and soldering connectors, and dramatically reduces installation time.
Telos has been innovating telephone systems for broadcasters since 1984, on the cutting edge of technology in VoIP phone systems, hybrids, IP/POTS/ISDN Codecs, broadcast software and streaming.
More details about Telos VX System, Z/IP ONE, Hx1 and Hx2, Nx6, iQ6 can be found on the Web at www.Telos-Systems.com. Press-ready photos can be downloaded from http://www.telos-systems.com/press-gallery/.
Visitors to IBC can see these products at the Telos display in booth 8.D29. For more information, contact Angi Roberson at Telos Systems, via email atangi@Telos-Systems.com or by phone at +1-216-241-7225.
Telos Systems, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio with offices in Europe, is a leading manufacturer of ISDN, coded audio and telephone interface products for talk-shows, teleconferencing, audio production, remote broadcasts, and intercom applications.