Highest Quality Television Audio Processing - Incredible Value
Hybrid dynamic range and loudness control with Advanced ITU Limiter provide set-and-forget compliance and viewer-pleasing quality while included features deliver incredible cost-savings.
Handling up to 10 channels of PCM audio via AES, HD/SD-SDI, or analog stereo I/O, the Linear Acoustic® AERO.10 offers all-inclusive audio processing for situations where Dolby® coding, Nielsen® Watermark encoding, and the ability to add a second processing instance are not required.
Standard configurations are your choice of either a 5.1+2+2 or 2+2+2 channel configuration; a 2+2+2+2+2 channel configuration is optional.
AERO.10 In Depth
Highest quality industry standard audio control has never been more affordable. AERO.10 is a fully- featured audio processor supporting up to ten channels of audio and featuring a processing engine identical to those in the AERO.100/1000/2000 products. Tools such as loudness and dynamic range control, upmixing, downmixing, plus ITU and EBU compliant loudness metering and logging makes the AERO.10 an extremely powerful solution for nearly any application at an extremely low cost.
To this, the AERO.10 adds a simple LCD front panel GUI and stereo analog I/O. The headphone output has been designed to provide plenty of level even for difficult loads or quiet sources and is useful for checking audio or adjusting processing.
New with AERO.10 is the addition of stereo analog inputs and outputs which serve to support facilities amidst transition from analog to digital as well as interface with any analog device or signal path.
Comprehensive TCP/IP remote provides control over all system settings and processing parameters plus extensive metering of loudness. System status reports physical I/O details along with system, power supply and environmental health. The remote application also delivers remote audio, up to 5.1 channels, so the user can audition signal quality anywhere link bandwidth permits. An HTTP server is also included for simple get/set control of all parameters and retrieval of status and logging information. Constantly active logging captures 7.5 day rolling weekly reports as well as specific time slots controlled by start/ stop. Loudness with multiple integration times as well as True Peak measurements are captured and available for download.
Designed and built in the USA, the lightweight and rugged single rack-unit AERO.10 is a solid investment in performance and flexibility. Though all current features are standard, future options can be enabled by simply entering a factory provided key. Failover bypass relays on all I/O maintain signal continuity and dual auto-ranging power supplies enable redundancy and worldwide compatibility.
Available in either a 5.1+2+2 or 2+2+2 channel configuration with Local/EAS insertion, or optionally in a 2+2+2+2+2 channel configuration for up to 5 stereo programs.
Dual UPMAX II two-channel to 5.1 channel upmixers plus main channel downmixing, automatic bypass of discrete content (in 5.1+2+2 configuration, downmix only in 2+2+2 processing configuration)
Advanced ITU (AI) Limiter
Sample Rate/Resolution/Frequency Response
- 48kHz, 24-bit, 20Hz to 20kHz below threshold
- Eight main inputs plus reference via 75-Ohm BNC female connectors, internally terminated; Eight main outputs; Signal levels per SMPTE 276M/AES-3ID-2001
- Auto-sensing HD/SD-SDI (SMPTE 292M/259M) inputs, up to 1080i/60/59.94/50Hz, access to audio and VANC metadata
Analog I/O (stereo)
- 9-pin female D connector; 10K Ohm balanced stereo inputs; Balanced stereo outputs, +4dBu nominal,
+24dBu maximum into 600 Ohms.
Parallel GPI/O Control Port
- 25-pin female D connector, 0-5V TTL levels for 8 inputs and 8 outputs; controls simple preset recalls plus voiceover/EAS insertion
Ethernet Remote Control
- Gigabit Ethernet supports included TCP/IP remote control application; HTTP server included for get/
set control of all parameters.
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
Rotary navigation cluster, Graphical LCD display, headphone volume control
6.3mm front panel headphone connector, +12dBu Max into 600 Ohms
- 9-pin female D connector; 115.2 kbps; pinout per SMPTE 207M (RS-485); Designed to directly interface with Dolby serial metadata (SMPTE RDD6)
- Dual power supplies, each rated at 100-264 VAC, 50/60Hz, auto-sensing, 100W max. total
Dimensions and Weight
- One rack unit- 1.75”H x 19”W x 15.5”D (44 x 483 x 394 mm) Net weight: 9 lbs (4 kg); shipping: 12 lbs
(5.4 kg) approximate.
- Fan cooled. Operating: 0 to 50 degrees C, non-operating –20 to 70 degrees C.
North America: FCC and CE tested and compliant, power supply is UL approved.
Europe: Complies with the European Union Directive 2002/95/EC on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS), as amended by Commission Decisions 2005/618/EC, 2005/717/ EC, 2005/747/EC (RoHS Directive), and WEEE.
Standard 2-year limited parts and labor